Cray Sonexion Scale-out Lustre Storage System
Brought to you by Cray, the world’s leading experts in parallel storage solutions for HPC and the technical enterprise, the Cray Sonexion is a fully integrated, modular and compact scale-out storage system for Lustre.
Sonexion provides the following benefits:
- Precision performance: Rapidly deliver exact levels of performance to your HPC application. Scale I/O from 5GB/s to 1TB/s in a single file system.
- Balanced capacity scalability: Scale in modular increments. Use fewer drives and components to reduce capital costs as capacity grows.
- Compact design: Reduce the total hardware footprint of petascale systems by 50 percent over component-based solutions.
- Open systems solution focus: Build on open source Lustre to unlock any industry-standard x86 Linux compute cluster using InfiniBand through Cray-designed and -validated solutions.
- Quality by Cray: Cray ensures reliability and stability at scale through exhaustive thermal and real-world stress testing, system hardening and availability, and through tight hardware and software integration.
Cray Sonexion Brochure
Cray's Lustre Expertise for Big Data and HPC
Cray Storage Solutions for Life Sciences
Cray Offers Scalable High Performance Storage for Energy Sector
Cray Brings Leadership and Customer Focus to Lustre Scalability
Cray Lustre and Scalable Solutions Overview (presentation with audio)
Cray Sonexion Video
Excerpt from Datanami's "Best Practices in Big Data Storage"
» Download the full report