Cray® Sonexion® Scale-out Lustre Storage System
Brought to you by Cray, the world’s leading experts in parallel storage solutions for HPC and technical enterprise, the Cray® Sonexion® 2000 system provides a Lustre®-ready solution for popular x86 Linux® clusters and supercomputers through Cray Cluster Connect™. As a leader in open systems and parallel file systems, Cray builds on open source Lustre to unlock any industry-standard x86 Linux compute cluster using InfiniBand™ or 10/40 GbE utilizing proven Cray storage architectures.
The Cray Sonexion 2000 system provides 50 percent more performance and capacity than the Sonexion 1600 system in the same footprint.
Through its fully-integrated and pre-configured design, Cray Sonexion storage gets customers deployed faster and reduces the total number of components to manage.
- The Sonexion system's compact design reduces the total hardware footprint of petascale systems by 50 percent over component-based solutions.
- Performance scales from 7.5 GB/s to 1 TB/s in a single file system.
- Capacity scales in modular increments; the Sonexion 2000 system stores over two usable petabytes in a single rack. Fewer drives and components reduce capital costs as capacity grows.
- New software-based GridRAID offers higher levels of data protection and up to 3.5 times faster rebuild times than traditional RAID6 and MD-RAID storage.
- Cray ensures quality, reliability and stability at scale through exhaustive thermal and real-world stress testing, system hardening and availability, and tight hardware and software integration.
Cray Sonexion Brochure
Cray Sonexion Specifications
Video: Cray Sonexion Integrated Massively Scalable Storage System