Security Threats in Oil & Gas
For energy and oil and gas companies, the question has become not whether they will be hacked, but when. Cyberattacks are now one of the biggest and most critical safety challenges faced by companies in this space, and companies need to seek and protect against these threats in real time. Yet most are not prepared to handle the big data analytics hurdles this issue presents.
Challenges to Oil & Gas Company Security
- Due to the valuable and critical nature of oil and gas infrastructure and operations, they are high-value targets for cyberattackers.
- Effectively locating and remediating cybersecurity vulnerabilities can require a significant time and personnel commitment from companies that are already resource strapped.
- Existing systems are not suited to address the new and evolving data analytics challenges presented by threat detection.
Ensuring the Cybersafety of Oil & Gas Operations
- Identify real and potential threats faster – With its unprecedented versatility and speed, Cray's Urika®-GX system allows oil and gas companies to gain the insights needed to draw conclusions faster about likely threats.
- Improve responsiveness and agility – The Urika-GX platform lets users run multiple analytics workloads concurrently, including Hadoop®, Spark™ and graph, as well as HPC, so companies can bring more techniques to bear in identifying threats faster.
- Get up and running in days, not months – The Urika-GX system combines the convenience of a turnkey appliance with the flexibility of an open, customizable, homegrown solution — so oil and gas users have a quick path to the solution they need, with a scalable, adaptable platform for growth.