Leaders in energy exploration and research choose Cray
From oil and gas exploration and production to investigating renewable energy sources, reliable and scalable supercomputing and storage systems are core technologies for the essential tasks of data acquisition, seismic imaging and processing, data management and computational modeling.
Leading exploration and production companies like Petrobras and Petroleum Geo-Services (PGS) rely on Cray technology to provide performance that matters.
Reduce risk and gain a competitive advantage with Cray systems for processing and analyzing massive amounts of data quickly and accurately:
- Cray® XC™ series systems have highly scalable networks and the unmatched compute density to handle to most challenging FWI seismic algorithms and workflows.
- Capacity-oriented Cray® CS™ series cluster supercomputers offer high performance and maximum configuration flexibility, as well as support for GPU computing accelerators.
- The CS-Storm GPU-accelerated system was designed to speed up massively parallel computing workloads like RTM, in widespread use at petroleum exploration and production organizations.
- Cray scalable storage solutions provide integrated, reliable and modular scale-out Lustre® storage that maximizes file system performance and scalability at any size.
- Cray Tiered Adaptive Storage, powered by Versity, is designed to meet the expansive seismic data preservation and access needs of exploration companies.
- The Cray® Urika®-GX agile analytics platform fuses supercomputing technologies with an open, enterprise-ready software framework for big data analytics. The Urika-GX system provides unprecedented versatility for running multiple analytics workloads concurrently on a single platform that leverages the speed of a Cray supercomputer.
Leaders in energy research choose Cray. Oak Ridge National Laboratory, the National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center, large integrated oil companies and more are using their Cray systems to revolutionize energy science — providing insights on everything from fusion to wind energy.
The oil and gas industry's acute need for scalable high performance storage and its willingness to adopt cutting-edge technologies plays well into Cray’s strength of delivering sophisticated, productive HPC systems. The company has a long track record of successful deployments, which includes storage systems even larger and faster than any currently used in seismic analysis. Finally, Cray’s position as a supercomputing leader of long-standing makes it a trusted choice for businesses looking for a proven HPC technology partner.
—Michael Feldman, Senior Analyst, Intersect360 Research