This Senior System Application Analyst position, provides application performance analysis, optimization, code development and user support to end users. Located in Bangalore, India this position is responsible for understanding and complying with Cray internal controls.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support for the development and implementation of customer applications dealing with complex HPC computer systems
- Provides follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications
- Analyzes and resolves problems of diverse scope Ports, troubleshoots, and optimizes customer applications
- Participates in team discussions that involve individual concerns, and works toward resolving problems and issues
- Participates in customer status and planning meetings
- Escalates technical issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
Required Minimum Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field/discipline 2+ years of HPC experience with large-scale parallel systems
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly experienced with LINUX Highly experienced with debuggers, e.g. TotalView and/or DDT, and performance analysis tools
- Highly experienced with modules programming environment and compilers, e.g. PGI, PathScale, and GCC
- Knowledge and experience with programming and scripting (e.g. C++, Fortran, Perl, Python etc.)
- Demonstrated good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Work requires imaginative, thorough and practical solutions to a wide range of problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively across the function and, occasionally, across organizational boundaries or with customers, and recommend appropriate solutions
- In-depth knowledge and experience in customer-required science discipline
- Ability to gather data, perform analysis and escalate to a higher level of support as needed
- Organizational skills that support taking an analytical approach to problems and driving solutions to problems through to their conclusion
- Ability to work effectively with a team to investigate and resolve complex problems
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills, customer relation skills and problem management skills, with the ability to stay calm and professional under pressure while working to strict deadlines
About Cray: Global supercomputing leader Cray Inc. (Nasdaq: CRAY) provides innovative systems and solutions enabling scientists and engineers in industry, academia and government to meet existing and future simulation and analytics challenges. Leveraging more than 40 years of experience in developing and servicing the world’s most advanced supercomputers, Cray has a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers and big data storage and analytics solutions delivering unrivaled performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray’s collegial workforce of creative, bright, passionate and focused people collaborate to build powerful technologies that solve the world’s most challenging problems. With Cray’s relaxed work environment and amazing benefits, take the initiative to join a company of dedicated innovators. Your next is now at Cray.