Who We Are
Our business is supercomputing. We’ve been developing, building and supporting highly advanced computing solutions for the world’s most complex science, engineering and analytics challenges since 1976. We pride ourselves on understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world.
Who You Are
This Senior Manager of Compensation will have the unique opportunity to lead the evolution of our global Compensation function for Cray. This role is the recognized technical leader and expert responsible for leading the design, development, implementation and execution of compliant, affordable and competitive global compensation philosophies, strategies, programs, and policies that align to Cray’s global business strategies. Global programs may include (but not limited to) merit, variable pay plans (sales and corporate plans), rewards/recognition, long-term incentive, executive compensation plans, and relocation. Develops strong partnerships with management and peers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads the design, development, and management of compensation plans throughout the company and ensures that all plans and programs are aligned with corporate strategies
• Ensures that compensation systems are progressive, competitive and allow for pay for performance in a cost-effective and reasonable manner
• Collaborates with business unit HR leaders to identify, analyze and develop a total rewards approach to attract, retain and motivate employees
• Keeps informed of compensation developments and trends in the market and incorporates changes, as needed, to the company compensation programs
• Ensures that compensation practices are in compliance with all local, state and federal requirements. Directs and implements corrective action where applicable
• Coordinates the processing of equity grants and vesting with finance and payroll
• Conducts and participates in annual compensation surveys
• Facilitates best practices and implement a system for the development and use of tools for the salary planning process.
• Leads the analysis, development and administration of management, sales and other incentive plans used by the company
• Manage the job evaluation process to ensure equity, accuracy and market competitiveness
• Leads data management, analysis and preparation of materials regarding salary grade and structure recommendations
• Assist with internal and external auditors for periodic audits, as well as ensures internal controls are in place and procedures are followed to satisfy periodic review of compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
• Other job duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience/combined education; CCP or CBP certification desirable.
• Minimum 5 years of experience leading and managing compensation program design, annual compensation initiatives, and benchmarking/market analysis models.
• Experienced practitioner in the development, administration, and evaluation of compensation programs, exhibiting knowledge of program principles and practices. Experience in design and analysis of sales compensation preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with compensation systems and tools. Excellent computer skills, e.g. MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc. Experience in Ultipro (HRIS) strongly preferred.
• Superior organization/project management skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments/projects, timelines and to identify project interdependencies, resource needs, potential risks/pitfalls and mitigation plans. Recognized as an integrator and solution provider.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated experience in preparing and delivering presentations that convey key concepts and outline recommendations to various levels of management. Ability to explain technical and complex concepts in a simple and concise way to ensure ease of understanding.
• Experience in an M&A business environment preferred.
• International, global compensation experience strongly preferred.
Key Capabilities/Success Factors
• Ability to influence and operationally execute strategic direction and develop the critical path on how to complete assignments/initiatives. Ability to lead and partner effectively among all levels of the organization. Excellent relationship manager with the ability to liaise across team members and stakeholders. Understands changes management concepts and applies them as a leader of change.
• Ability to take vague concepts and translate into a specific course of action. Manages ideas and makes decisions through critical thinking and problem solving capabilities. Demonstrates learning agility in working with new, complex business problems and to provide innovative, value added solutions. Develops original work in response to business needs.
• A champion in the commitment for operational excellence and continuous improvement in the execution of compensation programs, initiatives, projects and processes. Flexible, innovative with the ability to excel in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment. Ability to scale and quickly adapt
CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.