Senior Marketing Communications
Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world’s most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
Who We Need
For those who ask what if, Cray is a partner that merges computation and creativity to extend the boundaries of what you can discover. Our greatest achievements are realized when we face what seems impossible, and that’s why we invite those who believe anything is possible to join us and to keep asking what if, why not, and what’s next.
At Cray we’re always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We’re not developing products for next quarter. We’re developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That’s how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what’s coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Marketing, the Sr. Marketing Communications Manager will create and execute Cray’s content marketing strategy to effectively promote the company’s brand and market position to customers, prospects, partners, and influencers globally.
The candidate will identify what content and content types need to be developed, and then lead the development across the buyer journey. Content types can include, but are not limited to, rich-media assets, strategic blog development, video scripts, email, newsletter, and landing pages.
The ideal candidate proactively seeks to understand sales and buyer needs, business goals, and objectives and uses marketing principles to drive brand awareness, engagement, and loyalty. The candidate will show initiative in finding solutions to problems and will work internally and externally to resolve issues.
The Sr. Marketing Communications Manager will have exceptional attention to detail, a passion for modern marketing principles and techniques, and a desire for an uncompromised customer experience. You are creative, versatile, and have a thorough knowledge of brand and marketing.
To ensure high-quality content and assets, the Sr. Marketing Communications Manager will cultivate a network of contract resources as needed.
The candidate must reflect Cray’s core values of selflessness, creativity, and customer Intimacy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and execute Cray’s content marketing strategy and framework.
• Advocate for the prospect, customer, and partner communities by developing thoughtful content and campaigns that inspire, inform, or captivate technical audiences.
• Develop content that supports the Cray brand message and attributes.
• Working with the project manager, evaluates and intakes requests for new content and assets and ensures existing collateral remains current
• Comfortable analyzing results and working towards improvements
• Cultivate a network of contract resources as needed
• Comfortable writing and editing content from other sources
• Comfortable presenting creative ideas supported with strong rationales
• Creates and manages content style guides
• Makes content updates to website
• Assists with PowerPoint presentation development, as needed
• BA/BS degree required; emphasis in marketing preferred
• 5+ years prior work experience in fast-paced, B2B marketing environment
• Proactive self-starter
• Organized with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage competing priorities
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work well under deadlines and execute deliverables quickly
• Able to work with managers and employees at all levels
• Flexible and responsible with a team player attitude
• Ability to take initiative with little direction
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.