Presales Engineering Manager
Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world’s most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Need
For those who ask what if, Cray is a partner that merges computation and creativity to extend the boundaries of what you can discover. Our greatest achievements are realized when we face what seems impossible, and that’s why we invite those who believe anything is possible to join us and to keep asking what if, why not, and what’s next.
At Cray we’re always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We’re not developing products for next quarter. We’re developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That’s how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what’s coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
In this role, you will need to effectively lead the pre-sales engineering function for the Americas in order to achieve Cray’s sales goals and results. You will also work closely with sales and business development staff to manage and direct the pre-sales engineering team.
· Manage the pre-sales engineering team to provide support to the account managers in promoting and selling Cray products throughout Americas.
· Direct and navigate the pre-sales engineering team to the right company resources, such as development, hardware, software and service.
· Effectively manage the people resources in order to deliver quality results, on time.
· Provide technical analysis and development of existing and proposed architectures and products for a variety of sales vertical markets.
· Create requirements definition, proposal development, demonstration support, and technical documentation in support of the sales proposal activities.
· Draft and publish oral and written presentation material, white papers and technical reports.
· Learn, understand and comply with internal controls.
· Assist, as necessary in all aspects of the sales process, including orders, installations and acceptances.
· Foster teamwork within the group and strengthen each person’s ability to partner together in order to deliver results.
Organize product training so the team is up to speed on new product features and benefits.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar field and at least 10 years of directly related experience in high performance computing systems, including at least three years of managing a technical team.
· Expertise required in HPC system design, network engineering, information security, and experience with government and/or military customers.
· Ideal candidate will have strong technical skills successfully blended with interpersonal, sales and management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to train and develop a high performing team.
· Excellent speaking, presentation and writing skills are required.
· Flexibility, customer focus, sales skills, people management, partnering and teamwork skills will be vital to success.
· The location for this position is flexible (work from home), but selected candidate must be located near (within 1 hour radius) a major US Airport to accommodate travel requirement.
· Travel may exceed to 30%.
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.