Senior Administrative Assistant
Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world’s most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Need
For those who ask what if, Cray is a partner that merges computation and creativity to extend the boundaries of what you can discover. Our greatest achievements are realized when we face what seems impossible, and that’s why we invite those who believe anything is possible to join us and to keep asking what if, why not, and what’s next.
At Cray we’re always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We’re not developing products for next quarter. We’re developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That’s how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what’s coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide administrative support for the SVP – PMO, including but not limited to:
o Calendar management, including scheduling and planning for events, such as meetings, conferences and presentations
o Assistance with team-wide meetings, conferences and special events as needed, handling on-site or off-site logistics and preparing and disseminating materials
o Managing all domestic and international travel arrangements for the PMO/SVP
o Maintaining an organized system of tracking, monitoring and prioritizing tasks, contacts and projects
o Managing all expense reports, purchase orders, reimbursements and check requests in an accurate and timely manner
· Planning, coordinating with and assisting other Administrative Assistants to ensure comprehensive coverage, a positive team spirit, and support for the achievement of overall goals of the team and the company.
Background & Experience:
· A minimum of three years’ work experience in an administrative support role for multiple team members within a complex and fast-paced organization
· Experience setting priorities and meeting deadlines while balancing the needs of providing support to a busy executive and multiple individuals, including calendar management, travel arrangements, and event planning coordination
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at all levels inside and outside an organization
· Demonstrated effectiveness meeting deadlines in a role requiring continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials
· Demonstrated proficiency with MSWord, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Previous experience MS SharePoint, Concur and Windows 10 preferred, but not required. Experience in learning and mastering new software applications
· Demonstrated positive, collaborative approach to work, including a commitment to teamwork and problem solving
· This position is located in Bloomington, MN and will report to the Administrative Support Manager. This position will require up to 5% travel.
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.