ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE MARKET SPECIALIST
Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world’s most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Need
For those who ask what if, Cray is a partner that merges computation and creativity to extend the boundaries of what you can discover. Our greatest achievements are realized when we face what seems impossible, and that’s why we invite those who believe anything is possible to join us and to keep asking what if, why not, and what’s next.
At Cray we’re always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We’re not developing products for next quarter. We’re developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That’s how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what’s coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Market Specialist is focused on identifying and defining strategic opportunities to expand Cray’s market penetration through new technologies and applications. With a combination of business and technical acumen, you will help drive new market expansion for Cray. Reporting to the Emerging Market & Technology Director as part of Cray’s AI Initiative, you will identify and develop business case analyses for AI offerings that leverage Cray’s unique supercomputing systems. Your primary focus will be on identifying applications where Cray can package unique offerings to grow our market reach and driving the development of those offerings. You will need to effectively communicate and partner with other groups across Cray, including marketing, R&D, product management, and sales.
This position is responsible for understanding and complying with Cray internal controls.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify market opportunities where Cray can gain market share through differentiated and competitive offerings based on Cray supercomputing technologies
• Develop the strategic market approach and business case for new AI offerings
• Drive offering development by coordinating a cross-functional set of stakeholders across Cray, including product management, R&D, CTO, and sales
• Remain current on trends and markets related to AI software and computational hardware
• Provide data-backed input to business strategy development
• Work closely with Cray technical experts to identify cutting-edge applications for Cray technologies
• Represent Cray at conferences and other though-leadership venues
Help develop proof-points, positioning, and messaging that reflects Cray’s technology leadership and makes it relevant to solving high value business problems
Background & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree. Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) field with quantitative focus preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to lead the development of business case analyses. MBA preferred
• 2+ years working in data science, artificial intelligence, or related fields.
• US Citizenship Preferred.
• Experience with the application of machine learning and deep learning to commercially-relevant use-cases.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and coordinate cross-organizational stakeholders to drive results.
• Technical acumen to understand the Cray’s product offerings and stay up-to-date on the latest industry advances.
• Strong interpersonal skills to build long-term relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
• Ability to convey complex concepts in simple, accessible terms.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and work autonomously.
• Balance of technical and business acumen.
• A passion for working in collaborative settings.
• Bias for action and a focus on outcomes.
• Flexibility and a willingness to “figure out what’s needed” and “get the job done”.
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.