Technical Product Manager - Networks
Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world’s most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Need
For those who ask what if, Cray is a partner that merges computation and creativity to extend the boundaries of what you can discover. Our greatest achievements are realized when we face what seems impossible, and that’s why we invite those who believe anything is possible to join us and to keep asking what if, why not, and what’s next.
At Cray we’re always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We’re not developing products for next quarter. We’re developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That’s how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what’s coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
• Guiding the overall strategy and execution of Cray’s high-performance network products working with internal development, marketing, service and sales teams, and external customers to ensure products address market needs, align with overall corporate strategy, and meet company revenue and customer satisfaction goals.
• Working closely with current and future customers to understand evolving market requirements.
• Maintaining expertise in high-performance network technology including Ethernet.
• Managing the technology lifecycle of new products, features or enhancements from conceptualization, requirements gathering, product specification, implementation review and release.
• Evaluating technical options and representing business requirements to the technology organization.
• Acting as primary point of contact and coordinates development and business resources to successfully release new products on time and within budget.
Defining and driving the High-Performance Network roadmap for the Compute and Storage product lines. Employee is responsible for defining network performance and feature requirements for current and future products including switches, NICs, cables, and network topologies. Employee will also work with Supply Chain and the Product Team to manage vendor selection, component and product life cycles, and feature releases.
Background and Experience:
• BS Degree in technical or related field. Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration preferred.
• 5 years related experience in product management or similar role bridging customer needs and company capabilities.
• Demonstrated technical expertise and experience with datacenter network products including Ethernet.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Effective project management skills.
• Ability to balance short and long term priorities.
• Ability to complete projects on time and within budget with minimal supervision.
• Good personal organization and time management skills with a proven track record of consistently meeting deadlines.
• Success in multi-tasking and effectively managing competing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and collaborate with others, both internal and external to the company.
• Some travel required.
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.