OpenMP Compiler Engineer
Who We Are
Our business is supercomputing. We’ve been developing, building and supporting highly advanced computing solutions for the world’s most complex science, engineering and analytics challenges since 1976. We pride ourselves on understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who You Are
You are a dynamic, driven professional with a passion for success – yours, your company’s and your customer’s. Cray is seeking an OpenMP Compiler Engineer to join the Cray compiler team. This position includes both research and product development that is focused on supporting OpenMP parallelism across a variety of HPC architectures. In this position you will work on designing, implementing, testing, debugging, tuning, and maintaining Cray’s OpenMP implementation, which includes compiler and runtime library support for both CPU and GPU architectures. You will be joining a small, accomplished team that values strong group collaboration, individual initiative and responsibility, and creative problem solving.
Key Qualifications Include:
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field; advanced degrees are welcome but not required
• Proficiency writing in C/C++
• Experience working within Clang/LLVM or another compiler infrastructure
• Experience with OpenMP, or another on-node shared-memory parallel programming model (e.g., pthreads, C/C++ threading, etc.)
• Familiarity with GPU architectures and programming models (e.g., CUDA, OpenCL, OpenACC, OpenMP 4.5/5.0 offloading, etc.)
• Commitment to sound software engineering principles, outstanding problem-solving skills, and the ability to work well in a cooperative development environment, both within and across teams, using effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.