Performance Engineer (Cray Performance Tools)
Who Is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. We’ve been developing, building and supporting highly advanced computing solutions for the world’s most complex science, engineering and analytics challenges since 1976. We pride ourselves on understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who You Are?
You are a dynamic, driven professional with a passion for success – yours, your company’s and your customer’s.
Who We Need?
Cray is seeking a motivated and skilled benchmarking and application performance engineer to join its team in advancing the state of the art in Cray’s performance analysis tools targeted for optimization of scientific applications on our current and future supercomputers. The Cray performance tools suite provides easy-to-use interfaces and a wealth of profiling capability to identify key performance bottlenecks within applications that run at large scale on parallel computer systems.
This position involves using the Cray tools on HPC applications to evaluate how effectively our tools identify real bottlenecks and provide insight that guides the user with actions that can be taken to improve application performance. We continuously look at how to best provide application profile information to the user that is relevant and not misleading. The person in this position will become an expert user of the Cray performance tools and work closely with the development team to improve the tool data analysis and guidance.
Key Qualifications include:
• Experience analyzing and optimizing the performance of computational applications on HPC Linux/Unix systems
• Experience with scientific/engineering software for HPC systems; coursework and internship experience are considered relevant
• College degree, preferably advanced, in a technical field (Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, etc.)
• Keen analytical skills and problem-solving ability
• Expertise with several of the following programming tools, and the ability to quickly learn others: MPI, Compilers (Fortran, C, C++), OpenMP, CUDA, Python and other scripting languages, Linux, Application performance profiling tools and debugging tools
• Experience with the following; or the ability to quickly learn: Processor technology from the user and programmer perspective, Accelerator technology from the user and programmer perspective, Parallel programming techniques and algorithms
• Background in high performance computing (HPC) architectures, including multiprocessors, distributed memory systems, and GPU accelerators is highly desired
• Excellent organizational and collaborative skills, with strong verbal and written communication
• The willingness and ability to recognize and address issues encountered when working with leading edge technology, and to in a fast-paced challenging environment
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.