• Bachelors or university degree in computer science or related field/discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years of hardware support experience, ideally in an area related to HPC.
• In depth knowledge and experience of maintaining system hardware, utilizing diagnostic tools, and problem isolation in a large-scale computing environment. Performs hardware repairs (swapping boards, etc.).
• Programming and scripting knowledge and experience (e.g. Perl, Python, C++, etc.) desirable.
• Ability to gather data and perform analysis and escalate to a higher level of support.
• Well organized, take an analytical approach to problems and will be fully committed to drive problems through to their conclusion. He or she needs to be a good team player and be committed to investigate and resolve complex problems as part of a team.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to stay calm and professional under pressure while working to strict deadlines.
• Ability to lift 25 lbs regularly
• Security clearance may be required