This Senior Systems Support Engineer position takes a lead role in providing systems hardware support as part of a team to a major Cray customer. Located in Canberra, Australia this position is responsible for understanding and complying with Cray internal controls.
Ideally, the candidate will have Bachelor’s degree in computer science or 10+ years of HPC experience with large-scale parallel systems will be highly regarded.
To be successful candidates must demonstrate the following:
• Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, servicing and repair of complex equipment and systems.
• Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment.
• Instructs customer in the operation and maintenance of the system.
• Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
• Participates in customer status and planning meetings
• Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
• In-depth knowledge and experience of maintaining system hardware, utilizing diagnostic tools, and problem isolation in a large-scale computing environment. Performs hardware repairs (swapping boards, etc.).
• Programming and scripting knowledge and experience (e.g. Perl, Python, C++, etc.)
• Ability to gather data and perform analysis and escalate to a higher level of support.
• Well organized, with an analytical approach to problem-solving and commitment to driving problems through to their conclusion
• Committed to investigating and resolving complex problems as part of a team
• Organizational skills that support taking an analytical approach to problems and driving solutions to problems through to their conclusion
• Work with minimal supervision
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to stay calm and professional under pressure while working to strict deadlines.
• Australian Citizen, eligible for or holding a security clearance, NV2 or higher
• Ability to work effectively with a team to investigate and resolve complex problems
• Good interpersonal skills, customer relation skills and problem management skills
• The ability to stay calm and professional under pressure while working to strict deadlines
• Strong work ethic
• Sound work/ life balance
• Selfless, Creative, Customer focused
Global supercomputing leader Cray Inc. (Nasdaq: CRAY) provides innovative systems and solutions enabling scientists and engineers in industry, academia and government to meet existing and future simulation and analytics challenges. Leveraging more than 40 years of experience in developing and servicing the world’s most advanced supercomputers, Cray has a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers and big data storage and analytics solutions delivering unrivaled performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray’s collegial workforce of creative, bright, passionate and focused people collaborate to build powerful technologies that solve the world’s most challenging problems. With Cray’s relaxed work environment and amazing benefits, take the initiative to join a company of dedicated innovators. Your next is now at Cray.