Director, Product Management
Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world’s most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Need
For those who ask what if, Cray is a partner that merges computation and creativity to extend the boundaries of what you can discover. Our greatest achievements are realized when we face what seems impossible, and that’s why we invite those who believe anything is possible to join us and to keep asking what if, why not, and what’s next.
At Cray we’re always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We’re not developing products for next quarter. We’re developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That’s how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what’s coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
This position supports Cray by guiding the overall strategy and execution of Cray storage products working with engineering, marketing, service and sales teams, and our external customers to ensure products address market need, align with overall corporate strategy and meet company revenue and customer satisfaction goals.
This position is responsible for understanding and complying with the Cray system of internal controls.
• Develop and own the product strategy for Storage software at Cray; lead project execution and initiate product improvements to meet business goals
• Work closely with engineering, executive management and other stakeholders across the entire organization to cultivate and drive the product strategy and roadmap
• Drive Executive approval of plans for the Storage software product lifecycle from concept to launch through management of people and projects.
• Develop and drive approval for Storage software pricing strategies.
• Ensure Cray’s suite of Storage software products meet customer needs by becoming a market authority and voice for the customer through observation of the market and regular customer meetings
• Work with Engineering leadership to drive the strategic and tactical direction for product development by prioritizing customer requirements consistent with roadmap execution.
• Define and deploy product vision for Storage software products by working closely with the sales and marketing team to assure that product capabilities are accurately represented and growth opportunities are identified
• Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
• Assist in developing and updating the business model for Cray’s products
• Manage competitive industry analysis for Storage software products, and identify area for differentiation
• Partner with Product Marketing and Customer Services teams to assure a positive customer experience throughout the product lifecycle
• Provide guidance to customers, partners, and team members for issue resolution within Company and the customer organization
Background and Experience:
• BS/BA Degree in engineering or related field. Master’s degree preferred
• 3 years’ related experience in product management preferred
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Effective project management skills
• Ability to balance short and long term priorities
• Ability to complete projects on time and within budget with minimal supervision
• Strong personal organization and time management skills with a proven track record of consistently meeting deadlines
• Ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities, and work successfully in a changing environment
• Ability to coordinate and collaborate with others, both internal and external to the company
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
• Experience with high performance networking, ethernet, containers and container orchestration, HPC applications would be considered a positive
• Experience in Systems engineering and High Performance Computing (HPC) would be a plus
• Some travel may be required
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.