Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world’s most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Need
For those who ask what if, Cray is a partner that merges computation and creativity to extend the boundaries of what you can discover. Our greatest achievements are realized when we face what seems impossible, and that’s why we invite those who believe anything is possible to join us and to keep asking what if, why not, and what’s next.
At Cray we’re always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We’re not developing products for next quarter. We’re developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That’s how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what’s coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
As part of the DevOps team at Cray, you will help develop and expand our Continuous Integration/Deployment/Test framework and infrastructure. The product stack combines Cray’s world-class hardware with the power of Cray’s software. Our DevOps culture combines simplicity with automating all things. The end goal is a push-button continuous integration, deployment and testing model that is stable, consistent and repeatable for all users. You can leverage the best of your knowledge and skills in build and DevOps with the latest software.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Partner with engineering teams to design and implement scalable, high performance automation solutions for build, deployment, testing and management tools
• Utilize best practices for Continuous Integration and Continuous Test to agile development teams
• Assist engineering teams to debug and/or maintain automation processes and tools
• Design, implement and manage continuous integration, build and package management, and deployment scripts
• Ensure that all efforts are carried out with attention to detail, including documenting processes, procedures and best practices
• Work both independently and within a team, with minimal supervision
• Ability to work in a highly tactical environment
• Calm personality; able to provide critical analysis under pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Background and Skills:
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of related experience
• Extensive Linux skills
• Extensive Python skills, and experience with one or more other common scripting languages (bash, Perl, Ruby, etc)
• Demonstrated experience developing and building software (C/C++ or other compiled language) using gnu make or equivalent
• Experience with Test Automation Tools (Avocado, Robot, etc)
• Experience with yum and RPM
• Experience with Docker, container technologies
• Experience with DevOps principles (continuous integration, continuous deploy, continuous delivery)
• Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Cobbler)
• Experience with build management and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
• Experience with cloud services (Amazon EC2, OpenStack) a plus
• Experience working in an agile environment (Kanban, Scrum)
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Ability to communicate effectively across the function and often across organizational boundaries, or with customers
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.