Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world’s most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Need
For those who ask what if, Cray is a partner that merges computation and creativity to extend the boundaries of what you can discover. Our greatest achievements are realized when we face what seems impossible, and that’s why we invite those who believe anything is possible to join us and to keep asking what if, why not, and what’s next.
At Cray we’re always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We’re not developing products for next quarter. We’re developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That’s how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what’s coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
We are seeking motivated and skilled Architect to join our Network team as we advance our goal of bringing HPC (High Performance Computing) to the world. The ideal candidates will have strong technical and interpersonal skills, a deep set of hands-on experiences with large scale HPC networks, public and private cloud platforms, and mission-critical production workloads, a passion for network-related, full-stack automation, development, and operational technologies, and an interest in the world of HPC.
• Influence the strategic direction of our network product development
• Discuss network opportunities with key customers and translate into engineering requirements and architecture
• Contribute learnings to the larger community via written guidance and presentations
• Mentorship and development of team technical delivery personnel
• Contribute to the broader Cray R&D leadership community
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field; MS preferred.
• 12+ years’ overall product development experience
• 8+ years architecting, designing, and developing network software
• A sound track-record of shipping products in multiple delivery environments including SaaS and integrated hardware.
• Passion to drive the next-generation network of High Performance Computing
• Experience driving and guiding software development of network software
• Demonstrating thought leadership in network management in a full CI/CD pipeline
• Demonstrating profound experience in Agile methodologies, both in practice and in coaching/mentoring/teaching others
• Hands-on experience supporting a live, mission-critical (24x7x365) platform as part of a devops organization.
• Providing expertise and leadership in network in the cloud space
• Providing expertise and leadership in security in the cloud space
• Experience in architecting systems comprising multiple data streaming and storage platforms (SQL, NoSql, Kafka, …)
• Comfortable talking about technical things with business people and business things with technical people. Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
• Experience in automating large-scale deployments with modern tools (Ansible, etc.).
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organization
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.