Senior Systems Analyst
Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world’s most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Need
For those who ask what if, Cray is a partner that merges computation and creativity to extend the boundaries of what you can discover. Our greatest achievements are realized when we face what seems impossible, and that’s why we invite those who believe anything is possible to join us and to keep asking what if, why not, and what’s next.
At Cray we’re always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We’re not developing products for next quarter. We’re developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That’s how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what’s coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides post-sale support of company products/systems.
• Provides technical support for presentations, product demonstrations, installation and maintenance of company products to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications.
• Analyzes system software, third-party software and application issues. Determines solutions and implements repair or workarounds when possible.
• Escalates problems to product support groups and appropriate management to ensure timely resolution of system or customer issues.
• Provides answers to customer inquiries concerning system software and applications.
• Provides software consultation to users, at times going deep into code to understand users concerns.
• Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment and software.
• Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
• Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects and team.
Background and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 12+ years of HPC-related experience.
• Knowledge and experience of Linux/Unix operating systems, file systems, networking and security.
• Acquaintance with specific needs of HPC users working with application analyst.
• Programming and scripting knowledge and experience (e.g. Perl, Python, C++, etc).
• Ability to gather data and perform in-depth root cause analysis, and escalate to the next level of support for Engineering with recommendation for resolution.
• Ability to maintain system software, utilizing debugging tools and application of appropriate methodologies for problem isolation. Performs software builds, software upgrades, and patch installation as needed.
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.