Technical Business Development Director
Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world’s most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Need
For those who ask what if, Cray is a partner that merges computation and creativity to extend the boundaries of what you can discover. Our greatest achievements are realized when we face what seems impossible, and that’s why we invite those who believe anything is possible to join us and to keep asking what if, why not, and what’s next.
At Cray we’re always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We’re not developing products for next quarter. We’re developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That’s how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what’s coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
The Technical Business Development Director will be responsible for managing relationships and capturing custom engineering business and research funding with key strategic government customers. This role will be the technical and business focal point for programs with these Cray customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Engage with key government customers to understand their needs and organization
• Develop deep understanding of the government customers’ mission and technical requirements in order to align with Cray’s capabilities and products
• Develop proposal responses for custom engineering and research projects
• Manage customer perceptions and risks in ongoing programs; Make program adjustments as needed
• Interface to R&D organization to develop technical concepts and project plans in support of customer requirements
• Drive approval process for customer proposals
Background and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field/ discipline or equivalent experience and skill-level. Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
• Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of High-Performance Computing or related technical field
• Ability to engage in deep technical discussions with customer experts
• Experience managing complex, multi-discipline engineering projects, especially software projects
• Experience with federal contracting guidelines and requirements
• Must possess or have the ability to possess a government security clearance
• Travel required up to 50%
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.