Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world’s most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Need
For those who ask what if, Cray is a partner that merges computation and creativity to extend the boundaries of what you can discover. Our greatest achievements are realized when we face what seems impossible, and that’s why we invite those who believe anything is possible to join us and to keep asking what if, why not, and what’s next.
At Cray we’re always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We’re not developing products for next quarter. We’re developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That’s how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what’s coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
This qualified individual will work with system architects, board engineering, and other Cray engineering groups, along with outside vendors and partners to define requirements and develop solutions for all interconnect requirements for the next generation of Cray Supercomputers.
This position requires an Interconnect Design Engineer with extensive experience in computer & network system interconnects, signal integrity analysis, reliability analysis, along with vendor relationship management and interconnect roadmap knowledge. This individual will provide subject-matter expertise as an Interconnect Design Engineer on high performance computing & networking products, including multi-processor compute blades, I/O blades, network devices, and power components.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Write electro-mechanical interconnect specifications and design verification documentation.
• Manage project schedules to on-time delivery of interconnect systems design, validation
and release to production including the release of 2D & 3D documentation and BOMs for supply chain.
• Lead prototype testing and make recommendations for improvements of new products.
• Provide signal, electrical, power, cooling, and mechanical support to manufacturing engineering and field support for interconnect sub-systems.
• Work with external partners, contractors and suppliers on interconnect component fabrication
process capabilities, new and/or alternative product definition, evaluation and selection, and
cost-performance analysis of these components.
Background and Skills:
• BSME or BSEE with equivalence experience in mechanical/electrical computer interconnect design (MSME or MSEE a plus).
• 10+ years’ experience in computer systems or complex network appliances.
• HPC experience preferred.
• Ability to possess (or current possession) of a top-secret clearance a plus.
• Experience with AC power distribution, liquid cooling systems, air cooling systems, and
interconnect design of high power, high density computing equipment.
• Experience selecting interconnect systems for power, signal, and high-speed interconnect including: AC & DC power connections, low-speed signal cables, high speed network cables (Passive & Active electrical/optical cables) and highspeed mezzanine & direct orthogonal systems.
• Proficient use of software tools: Creo Parametric (ProE), Windchill PDMLink, Cadence Allegro
• Experience in designing to regulatory standards: UL and International safety standards, FCC
and International EMC regulations, RoHS & WEEE environmental standards.
• Ability to:
Communicate effectively across functional and often across organizational boundaries.
Analyze and problem-solve extremely complex technical issues in creative and effective ways.
Exercise judgment to determine appropriate action.
Work independently and influence others.
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.