Performance Analysis Software Engineer
Who We Are?
Our business is supercomputing. We’ve been developing, building and supporting highly advanced computing solutions for the world’s most complex science, engineering and analytics challenges since 1976. We pride ourselves on understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who You Are?
You are a dynamic, driven professional with a passion for success – yours, your company’s and your customer’s.
Who We Need?
Cray has an opening for a SW engineer with experience in the HPC community to join the team that delivers custom application performance analysis software across all Cray platforms. The team is responsible for software that performs application instrumentation, performance data measurement, analysis and presentation. We focus on production quality profiling capability that helps users identify key performance issues, particularly at large scale (hundreds of thousands of cores), while offering both a simple usage model, as well as a wealth of capability to address HPC application characteristics. The tools need to function with different compilers (Cray, Intel, NVIDIA, GCC, Arm and AMD), support MPI and PGAS across multiple interconnects (Cray custom, Intel OPA, IB, etc.), and support the common programming models in the HPC community (MPI, PGAS, OpenMP, SHMEM and CUDA).
The engineer in this position will focus on Cray network performance monitoring primarily from the user application perspective, although some work may also include network monitoring at the system level. Work will include understanding the network architecture and its performance critical attributes, collecting incorporating appropriate network data from within large-scale applications using the Cray performance tools infrastructure, and defining and presenting statistics and observations based on performance data for the user who is trying to understand how an HPC parallel application behaves when run across the network.
Key Qualifications include:
• Experience with HPC applications and parallel programming models (Fortran, C, C++, Python, parallel programming with MPI and OpenMP)
• M.S. or Ph.D in Computer Engineering, Math, or sciences such as Physics, Astrophysics, or Chemistry, or 5+ years SW programming experience in industry
• Network architecture experience is a plus
• Programming proficiency in C or C++, and scripting languages (Bash, Python)
• Work with parallel programming (MPI, OpenMP, Pthreads) is a plus
• Keen analytical skills and creative problem-solving ability
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Willingness and ability to recognize and address issues encountered when working with leading edge technology, to handle multiple tasks and priority shifts, and to work independently as well as share projects within the team
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.