Electrical Design Engineer
Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world’s most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Need
For those who ask what if, Cray is a partner that merges computation and creativity to extend the boundaries of what you can discover. Our greatest achievements are realized when we face what seems impossible, and that’s why we invite those who believe anything is possible to join us and to keep asking what if, why not, and what’s next.
At Cray we’re always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We’re not developing products for next quarter. We’re developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That’s how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what’s coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
This position is for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to design complex PCAs for high performance supercomputing systems. The Electrical Design Engineer may work independently or with a senior electrical design engineer to design, develop, bring-up, validate, and release Cray’s leading edge, high performance PCAs (printed circuit board assemblies) into production.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design new and derivative PCAs based on system and board design requirements
• Work closely with power, mechanical, thermal and software engineers to develop leading edge, innovative, cost effective system solutions for the high-performance computing industry
• Conduct reviews of your designs with the design and operations teams, and contribute to team design reviews per Cray’s product design, development, and release processes
• Bring-up, debug, and validate PCAs in an engineering test lab environment working independently or as part of a product development team
• Release new PCA designs into manufacturing and support root cause issue resolution during volume production ramp up of those designs
• Track and drive issue resolution, execute hands-on validation, debug issues to root cause, and document results
• Document issue discovery, investigation plans/results, issue resolution, and issue closure in issue tracking data bases
• Create documentation, specifications, test plans, and manufacturing assembly/build instructions
• Work independently and/or participate in task teams addressing complex system/problem analysis