Scrum Master - Project Manager
Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world’s most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Need
For those who ask what if, Cray is a partner that merges computation and creativity to extend the boundaries of what you can discover. Our greatest achievements are realized when we face what seems impossible, and that’s why we invite those who believe anything is possible to join us and to keep asking what if, why not, and what’s next.
At Cray we’re always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We’re not developing products for next quarter. We’re developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That’s how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what’s coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Influence the strategic execution of our network product development.
• Contribute process improvements to the larger Cray community via presentations and written guidance.
• Mentorship and development of other scrum masters.
• Contribute to the broader Cray R&D leadership community.
Background and Skills:
• BS in Computer Engineering or related field, plus prior scrum experience.
• At least three years of experience as a scrum master, with strong project management skills in development and/or deployment in industry.
• Understanding of and interest in the area of computer networks.
• A sound track-record of shipping products in multiple delivery environments including SaaS and integrated hardware.
• Demonstrated experience in Agile methodologies, both in practice and in coaching/mentoring/teaching others
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organization.
• Strong organization skills and attention to details.
• Success working with large projects in a fast-paced, changing environment, with a strong sense of urgency.
• Solid problem solving skills, ability to work well in a cooperative development environment, both within and across teams.
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.