System Integration Team, Software Systems Engineer
Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world’s most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Need
For those who ask what if, Cray is a partner that merges computation and creativity to extend the boundaries of what you can discover. Our greatest achievements are realized when we face what seems impossible, and that’s why we invite those who believe anything is possible to join us and to keep asking what if, why not, and what’s next.
At Cray we’re always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We’re not developing products for next quarter. We’re developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That’s how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what’s coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
Who You Are
Cray is looking for system engineers with a solid understanding of complex, large scale systems and their realization and integration.
• As a member of Cray’s System Integration Engineering Team, team members are responsible for driving the integration and delivery of all components of Cray High Performance Compute system stack – including compute, storage, network, hardware and software, in varied configurations. You will be on the front lines of ensuring that the system solutions Cray delivers fulfill and exceed our customer’s demanding requirements for scale, performance, usability, reliability, and manageability. The ideal candidate will have a commitment to sound software engineering principles and a demonstrated knowledge of the full development lifecycle – Agile development expertise is a strong plus.
• Knowledge and technical skills to implement technical strategies, evaluate products and provide constructive input to improve products and processes.
• A proven track record of success in large scale hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of LINUX-based software, networks, filesystems, applications and system management tools
• The ability to work well in a cooperative and transparent development environment, both within and across teams.
• A willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace new challenges.
Background and Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required
• 11+ years’ experience
• Extensive working knowledge of servers, networks, filesystems, LINUX based operating systems and software
• Experience with virtualization, containerization, and cluster systems
• Experience with automation software
• Programming ability; C/C++, Python, Go, Java
• Solid scripting skills
• Good problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills ability to work successfully in a team environment
• High Performance Computing experience is a plus
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.