Message Passing Engineer
Who We Are?
Our business is supercomputing. We’ve been developing, building and supporting highly advanced computing solutions for the world’s most complex science, engineering and analytics challenges since 1976. We pride ourselves on understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who You Are?
You are a dynamic, driven professional with a passion for success – yours, your company’s and your customer’s.
Who We Need?
Cray is seeking a Message Passing Engineer to join the team of communication library developers in the Message Passing Toolkit group. This team is responsible for the design and development of the Cray MPI and Cray SHMEM software that is part of the Cray Programming Environment. The Message Passing Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, testing, debugging, tuning, and maintaining message passing software for large scale, high performance, parallel computer systems.
In this position you will:
· Design, implement, test, debug, tune, and maintain message passing software for large scale, high performance, parallel computer systems.
· Do problem analysis and debugging of application level software utilizing message passing software on large-scale parallel systems.
· Work closely with developers from the operating systems, compiler, and tools groups to create complete solutions for large-scale parallel systems.
Key Qualifications include:
· BS in Computer Science or related field. Advanced degrees are welcome
· At least 3 years’ experience developing system software. Experience working with large projects, or an advanced thesis in an appropriate area. Experience with MPI or SHMEM preferred
· Background in high performance computing (HPC) architectures, including multiprocessors, distributed memory systems, and GPU accelerators, is highly desired
· Experience optimizing communications software for GPU accelerators is highly desirable
· Proficiency in C and Linux or Unix software development expertise
· Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and attention to details
· Success working in a fast-paced, changing environment; strong sense of urgency
· Commitment to sound software engineering principles, outstanding problem solving skills, ability to work well in a cooperative development environment, both within and across teams.
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.