Network Software Engineer
Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world’s most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Need
For those who ask what if, Cray is a partner that merges computation and creativity to extend the boundaries of what you can discover. Our greatest achievements are realized when we face what seems impossible, and that’s why we invite those who believe anything is possible to join us and to keep asking what if, why not, and what’s next.
At Cray we’re always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We’re not developing products for next quarter. We’re developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That’s how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what’s coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
You bring knowledge and expertise in high performance computing, cloud computing or related technical fields, strong communication and collaboration skills, and you always conduct yourself with the highest professionalism and integrity. You have strong technical and leadership skills with a passion for computer technology.
We are seeking a Network Software Engineer to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for the following:
• Work as part of team to develop the kernel networking stack for Cray's next generation systems
• Contribute to requirements gathering, design discussions, and other development activities
• Work with development, build, test and CI groups to integrate software into Cray's test and release process
Key Qualifications include:
• BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience
• Minimum of 5 years experience in networking software
• Understanding of High Performance Computing architectures, RDMA networking and the HPC industry a plus
• Experience with Ethernet/IP networking
• Experience with the OpenFabric Interfaces working group and APIs highly desirable
• Experience working with High Performance Computing communication software such as MPI and SHMEM a plus
• Experience in systems performance analysis and tuning is a plus
• Knowledge of operating system architecture, networking and/or file systems is a plus
• Ability to work well in a cooperative development team with a commitment to sound software engineering principles
• Success working in a fast-paced, changing environment; strong sense of urgency
• Ability to research new and emerging technologies
• Good written and verbal communications skills
*Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.