Get Leading Technology...and a Powerful Ally
The financial services industry operates under ever-intensifying pressure. From meeting new regulatory demands to battling cyberattacks to capitalizing on big data opportunities, firms face increasingly complex problems. And they must respond quickly, through financial risk analytics and more, to manage risk and stay ahead of the competition.
While the industry has long relied on large compute grids, these commodity systems struggle to cope with today’s more complex and real-time workloads. Solving problems such as whole portfolio counterparty credit exposure calculations or detecting fraud using big data requires new techniques more closely aligned with supercomputing than commodity grids.
Arming yourself with a proven technology partner is the first step in adapting to a changing business environment. Cray brings over 40 years of supercomputing leadership to every product and solution — experience that helps you meet the exacting demands of your industry.
- Risk management – Enhance risk management capabilities while significantly reducing TCO.
- Trading strategies – Massively increase strategy discovery and back-testing throughput at the same time, keeping costs lower than with traditional commodity clusters.
- Quantitative finance – The world’s most capable accelerated systems.
- Regulatory compliance – Graph compute at massive scale, revolutionizing both cost to compliance and investigatory efficiency.
- Financial crime – How do you find the needle in the haystack cost effectively, quickly and without too many false positives? This is the key question for AML, insurance fraud, trader surveillance and others. Cray’s graph technology enables complex anomaly detection from many data sources, moving beyond the inflexibility and inaccuracy of traditional rules-based systems, at the scale necessary to be useful and uncompromising.
- Cybersecurity – Like financial crime, this is about finding needles in haystacks from many data sources. Software partners approach Cray because they understand that anomaly detection is easy with graph but tough to do at scale. With Cray cybersecurity anomalies can be rapidly spotted and investigated at lightning speed, transforming your defensive capability.