Cray® Secure Remote Support (SRS) via BeyondTrust™
Remote support is common in the high performance computing industry, especially for software. Many methods and tools are used for remote support access, and some are more secure than others. Cray researched options for remote support with security as a top requirement and chose BeyondTrust’s secure remote support solution.
Cray’s SRS-BeyondTrust tool is our standard method of providing remote access and support to customers. Capabilities range from a customer having full control of a remote session to Cray’s team having the ability to log in securely as needed to resolve issues and perform administrative functions.
- Cray customers need a consistent and secure remote access support solution. Using a variety of different remote access solutions can cause delays in access, pose security risks, and make it challenging for multiple people to work together on the same issue.
- BeyondTrust provides the ability to integrate with our Cray customer portal (CrayPort) and includes chat and session recording capabilities.
- Cray Secure Remote Support (SRS) and Cray System Snapshot Analyzer (SSA) are key functionalities of our remote support.
What makes BeyondTrust secure?
BeyondTrust has a comprehensive set of security features and is based on Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 technology. Learn more about BeyondTrust’s security features in the white paper below. For more information about BeyondTrust, visit www.beyondtrust.com.
How do I get SRS?
Cray uses two client connection methods:
- The Remote Screen Sharing Client is used on a case by case basis to facilitate issue resolution though visibility and (optional) control of a customer's screen. An invitation to download and install the lightweight client on a customer's desktop or system is sent and accepted. After the remote session is complete, the SRS client is automatically uninstalled.
- The Remote Jump Client allows Cray's support team to access a customer's system without the requirement of direct customer availability. This client is installed on the customer's system for an extended period of time and can be enabled or disabled by the customer to control Cray's access. Customers can accept this license and download the Secure Remote Support Jump Client via CrayPort.
SRS Overview Presentation
BeyondTrust Security White Paper